Saturday, February 22, 2014

[ANDREA CASTILLO]


We are ever so delighted to invite you guys into the fashion world of Andrea Castillo. The 20-year-old Houston native has a flair that is second to none that even Ray Charles could have seen the artistic genius that makes up her wardrobe.
For as long as Andrea can remember, she’s had a fond interest in fashion, but during her senior year of high school, ironically enough, a graduation occurred in her fashion journey. “I figured out how much of a role I wanted it to play in my life”, she says.
           Following this epiphany, she acquired aspirations of becoming a designer. In an attempt to channel this ambition, she used a fashion design class in high school to experiment with different types of material.  However, this dream was short-lived, and a passion for styling was born. “I played around with different fabrics and silhouettes, and even made a prom dress from scratch. But I was more caught up with styling than sewing my pieces together.” This passion has led her to create her own style blog deerandthewolf.blogspot.com, where she showcases her personal style along with current obsessions.  
           Andrea’s peculiar music taste is where she garners much of her style inspiration. Right now she’s enjoying the indie band Beiruit, and has fallen in love with their song entitled Postcards from Italy. “Just from the song I can imagine an entire wardrobe full of classic pieces with simple make up inspired by the sixties.”
           As far as people go, she has a diverse group of style icons that she looks to for inspiration. Solange and Alexa Chung are two of her favorites. She greatly admires the creativity and boldness that percolates through the style of Solange, and has been inspired by the brilliance of Alexa Chung’s book “IT”, that is a unique collection of her writings, drawings, and photographs. 
           As you can tell, Andrea maintains a hairstyle that is absolutely remarkable, and it plays a precise role in her bravura. It’s usually the first thing people notice about her, and it has enabled her to reach new levels of confidence in her stylistic expression. “It definitely helped me get out of my comfort zone and pushed me to have more fun with what I wear. I get a lot of attention because of my hair so I kind of had to get over people staring or coming up to me which gave me more self confidence.”
This wasn’t easy for someone who is fairly new to the natural look, but she’s proud of the decision she’s made in going natural. “It fits my personality pretty well, and I can never feel boring with it.”

          Andrea, we wish you nothing but the best in all your future fashion endeavors. The best is yet to come!  


[You can find Andrea on Instagram @deerandthewolf]





No comments:

Post a Comment